Appetizers & Starters
Maryland Crab Cakes
Dip & Chips
Salads & Soups
Entrees, Burgers & Sandwiches
New Orleans Gumbo
with rice or pasta
Smoked Beef Brisket
with Mashed potatoes
Three Cheese Ravioli
with garlic bread
Classic Italian Sandwich on Ciabatta
with Mortadella, Capicola, Salami, Provolone Cheese, Spring Mix
with swiss & Sauerkraut on Rye
with Fresh Mozzarella
The Tavern Burger
SINGLE OR DOUBLE
Single or Double
Black & Blue
single or double
Chile con Carne
Mushroom Swiss Burger
Chicken tenders meal
Mushroom & Goat Cheese
& Red Onions
with Balsamic drizzle
Desserts (They change from time to time!)
Rustic Tri Berry Tarts
New York Cheesecake
A Table for Four ?
at the bar
in the Game Room
ABOUT Gilmanton Pub @ The Temperance Tavern
After more than two centuries, The Pub @ "The Temperance Tavern" has restored its colonial tradition of providing great food and drink, while serving as an early "publick" meeting house for the community and travelers crisscrossing the state. It all began again on June 1, 2019, under the stewardship of the present owners, Bob and Becky Ronstadt.
Built in 1793, The Temperance Tavern, which houses The Pub on its first floor, is acknowledged as a New Hampshire architectural treasure. The Tavern and its two-story carriage barn were built from the planks of the king's lumber, with the six working open-hearth fireplaces, indian window shutters, wide pine floorboards, and original period stenciling that adorn the walls.
Located in the center of the Gilmanton Historic District, "The Tavern" is an elegantly restored 14-room, 18th Century Colonial that served as an important way station for 18th Century travelers. Today, The Tavern is known more as a 21st Century "thought station," where ideas, big and small, were created and exchanged among the guests of a handful of owners who, until 2019, kept The Tavern as a private residence.
To nurture those ideas, The Tavern has maintained a "casual friendly atmosphere" with stenciled walls that have witnessed the presence of countless visitors, including Grace Metalious, the author of Peyton Place. And "yes," Gilmanton IS Peyton Place. If only these walls could talk.
But even before Peyton Place, there were notable comings and goings, because The Tavern once served as the town's post office, court house, and Masonic Lodge. Today, five well-appointed rooms exist on the second floor, each with modern conveniences and private bath. Two of the bedrooms have working fireplaces, and two of the other guest rooms were converted from what was once the original ballroom that at one time housed many a celebration. Later, the ballroom was divided into rooms for boarding students from the prestigious Gilmanton Academy (circa 1850), now the Town Hall for Gilmanton, just across the street.
"The Tap Room," once a pub and now again revived as The Gilmanton Pub, functions today as a venue for special gatherings. It can accomoate up to 80 people for small weddings, anniversaries, reunions and other special occasions.
For over 100 years, The Tavern served as the overnight stagecoach stop on the Canada to Dover Road public stagecoach line. The Tavern's gravity-fed Spring supplies water: a 17th Century battle between Native Americans and early settlers was fought over the rights of usage. Today, the spring provides the Tavern with its exceptional pure drinking water.
Located in the southern part of the Lakes Region, The Temperance Tavern is minutes from the Canterbury Shaker Village, the New Hampshire International Speedway, and just 23 minutes from the downtown Concord, the state capitol. To the North and West, we have the towns of Belmont, Tilton, Laconia and Gilford, along with Lake Winnisquam, Lake Winnipesaukee, and the Gunstock Mountain Ski & Recreation Area.
Tax-free new Hampshire shopping is in abundance with regard to antiques, as well as numerous factory outlet stores at the Tilton Tanger Outlet Center. And if you won't want to leave Gilmanton, across the street we have the extraordinary Four Corners Brick House Antiques. Within the Tavern, we have etchings, lithographs, monoprints, watercolors, paintings, digital prints and photography for sale . . . along with a number of unique food items.
So come visit. Have some fine food and drink. Plan your special occasions here. Enjoy good converaation, and perhaps have a great thought or two. We look forward to meeting you!
Offering: Restaurant & Real Estate For Sale
- Offering for sale: Real estate and restaurant business: 506 Province Road, Gilmanton, NH 03237
- Description: Iconic property in the heart of Gilmanton Four Corners, a historical village in the Lakes Region of Central New Hampshire. Intersection of Rts 107 and 140. Situated 25 minutes north of Concord and 40 minutes north of Manchester Regional Airport.
- The Real Estate: The real estate consists of two parcels on two acres. The first contains a 14-room colonial built in 1793 with original stenciling, wide pine boards, six fireplaces, and Indian shutters. The property includes a 2-floor barn plus a small garden shed. The first floor of the main house includes the Gilmanton Pub that has a large tavern room plus three other dining rooms with fireplaces. A patio offers outside dining with lovely views of the landscaped grounds. The second parcel of land contains a Springhouse that is the original water source for the area and is gravity feed for the exclusive use of 506 Province Road.
- The Business: The Gilmanton Pub is a 33-seat restaurant that is three years old with a loyal following of patrons from Gilmanton and surrounding towns. This is a turnkey sale with all equipment, furnishings, rugs, and artwork on the first floor being included in the sales price. The second floor (four bedrooms) plus owner or caretaker’s quarters also convey fully furnished.
- The Owners: Robert and Rebecca Ronstadt have owned the properties since 2003.
- Contact: Qualified buyers should complete the form below to contact Robert at email@example.com or 603-998-4364.
- Price: $1,550,000
- Total sq. feet 8,244
- Price/sq. ft $188
- Taxes: $10200/year
- Website: www.gilmantonpub.com
I am interested in learning more about Gilmanton Pub and
Gilmanton Country Foods llc being offered for sale.